Undergraduate Pilot Training!

13 Oct 2006 (Friday the 13th)

Greetings from the sunny Phoenix West Valley. After 25 years of waiting I am finally an F-16 pilot. . .dramatic pause. . .I never thought I would ever get to see this day! Thank God for all his many blessings and I am now living proof that dreams do really come true. After about a month of academics I had my first ride in the F-16 on 20 September 2006. It was a sunny day (as usual) and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. My jet landed at around 1030 but I don't think I landed until about 2130! Not to be outdone by my first flight, I flew the F-16 solo for the first time on 4 October 2006. I was flying the F-16 alone and unafraid! That was a great day too, but it has an unhappy ending. On my last SFO of the day I oversped my landing gear and had to declare an emergency. I landed uneventfully, pulled into the EOR and waited paitently as about 15 fire trucks rolled up on me to cancel my emergency. The whole thing was very exciting, but more embarrassing than anything. Anyway, I had to shut down in the EOR and have my jet towed back to the chocks (an episode I now refer to as the tug of shame). The good news is I got past that situation and now it's business as usual. . .learning to employ the F-16. Next week I start BFM (dogfighting) and that's when the real fun begins. Thanks for checking up on me and I'll post more when I can! Take care and God Bless.

Me and my IP home from my first F-16 flight

Me in the front seat displaying the Mighty Duck official Salute!

The tug-o-shame after my initial solo in the F-16

The tug-o-shame up close and personal

Me and the F-16. . .that thing sure is pointy!

Our hero and his valiant steed

Another hero shot

Here are a few F-16 pictures I found on the net. I am sure you can find about a million more. Enjoy!

Luke AFB, and a lot of F-16's. . .Viper Check?

The Mighty Viper

Vipers of the Desert

Wild Weasel

Nothing like a little fingertip

Single seat, single engine, mulitrole, fighter in full burner!

23 Jan 2006

What's up kids? Life in UPT (version 2) is pretty good. I have been here for about 4 months and I am having a blast flying the T-38C. I feel very blessed that I have the opportunity to fly the F-16. . . .it's a dream come true. So far, flying the T-38 has been pretty fun. I have finished all of the contact phase and it was nice to fly upside down again and pull some G's. Now I am about 3/4 of the way through the formation phase of training and I will probably have my check ride next week. In a lot of ways the T-38 is more difficult to fly than the the T-1 but in some ways it's easier. I think my training in the T-1 has helped prepare me quite will for flying the T-38. I should finish the T-38 training program early April, then it's off to IFF (Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals). That's where we learn to do all all that Top Gun shit. That's about it for now!

In the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, You stay classy, Planet Earth!

PS> My new callsign is DRUM. Ask me later how/why I got that name. In the mean time, check out some Vance T-38C's in action!

Me and the T-38 Talon

Introducing Vance Air Force Base T-38 Class 06-08

Me and the mighty T-38 Talon

Trying to be cool. . . .it's not working

Four ship formation waiting in the EOR

Echelon turn from the 3 position

Echelon turn from the 2 position

Vance Air Force Base flying Initial on the outside runway

90 degree wingwork from the 4 position

Route position from 4

Cruisin' in the 4 position

Fingertip from the lead

Well, I guess a lot has happened since my last posting. I graduated from UPT on 17 Dec 2004! After a long year I finally had my wings pinned on by my mother on a sunny December day. There was a little bit of a SNAFU with the wing breaking ceremony, but we were able to get it resolved with little trouble. Needless to say, we all partied it up that night and I left for Montgomery the next day. I was very happy that my parents, grandfather, and Regina were all able to make it out for the big day. Since then, I sat around Maxwell AFB for about 6 months doing absolutely nothing. I was officially on the Air Force welfare program. The worst part is I haven't flown since 3 December 2004 and today is 29 June 2005. There is a happy ending to this story though. . .as a result of my long wait I requested a transfer to a new unit and it looks like it is going to happen. I will be moving over to the Alabama Air National Guard to fly F-16's! Can you believe it??? It has always been my dream to fly the Viper; now I just have to get through the training. My first stop is Enid, OK (Vance AFB) for T-38 conversion training. Then I have to go to IFF. If I make it past all of that, its off to Luke AFB for F-16 RTU. I guess I will have more information to post soon so check back in a few weeks! Thanks for reading!

I finally got my wings

First, let me give you my new address:
102 Newbell Road Apt D3 Columbus, MS 39705

Our Class Website!

17 Aug 2004

What's up everyone? Well, I have made the transition from the T-37 to the T-1. I am going to miss flying upside down and pulling 6G's in the MOA, but the T-1 will bring a new set of challenges. The cool thing about the T-1 (or the Ace as I like to call it) is that it goes places. Instead of flying in circles 20 miles from the base, I get to fly from place to place every day. We have just started the Navigation phase (I have my Transition check ride on Friday) where we get to start flying out and backs. Also known as out and snacks! We get to fly to different airports, chill out, eat lunch, and then fly back. We also start flying low level missions which will be pretty cool too. Flying 250 knots is pretty fun; flying 250 knots 500 feet above the ground is amazing. I have attached a couple pictures of the Ace below. It's basically a private jet that has some slight modifications for the Air Force training program. Keep your phones on, I just might be flying to an airport near you! God Bless!!!

22 Mar 2004

Well, things are business as usual here at UPT. I still think Columbus, MS is the most horrible place on earth, but I am having a great time flying the jet. I have finished the contact phase of training and I am about half way through instruments and formation. Instrument flying is not difficult at all, it just requires you to think way ahead of the jet. . .especially when you have no ground references at all! Formation is pretty cool though. Basically we form up 3 feet from another jet, wing tip to wing tip, or a ship length behind and below and just follow the lead jet. It is probably the most challenging phase of training because you always have to make small corrections and anticipate what lead is going to do. Then when we go to extended trail we get to play "Top Gun" a little bit and pretend staying in firing position on the lead aircraft. I'll miss all of this agressive flying when I go to the T-1, but there will be plenty more to learn overthere. Well, that's about it for me today. I am getting ready to take a four day cross country trip to New Orleans! Did I mention it's Jazz Fest down there? This Air Force life sure is rough sometimes! Take care and enjoy the new pictures!

14 March 2004
What's up everyone? Things have been pretty crazy here in Columbus, MS. I have been double turning flights almost every day. My typical day goes something like this:

0400 Wake Up
0500 IP Report/Student Report
0510 Knock (My flight knocks on the door to the IP office to begin the day)
0511 Formal Brief (Our daily weather brief)
0530 Stand-Up (They ask a bunch of General Knowledge (GK) questions to everyone in the class, then we talk about a simulated Emergency Procedure (EP). Someone has to stand up and talk their way out of an emergency and if they mess up, they are sat down and don't get to fly the following period.)
0600 Pre-Flight brief with IP
0630 Step to first period jet
0700 Wheels up
0830 Full stop landing back at CAFB
0930 Post-Flight brief with IP
1100 Lunch
1130 Pre-Flight brief for second period
1200 Step to second period jet (second flight of the day)
1230 Wheels up
1400 Full stop landing back at CAFB
1500 Post-Flight brief with IP
1600 Complete paper copy and electronic copy of gradebook for the days flights. Log EP's heard for the day.
1630 Chat with other pilot dudes about their flight(s)
1700 Formal release
1800 Cook/eat dinner
1900 Study
2100 Go to bed because I have to get up at 0400 tomorrow!
Repeat as necessary

Pretty crazy, huh? The cool thing is after a few weeks of that, I got to solo! My initial solo flight was on 9 Mar 2004 about 0930! My callsign was Wings 10. Check out some pictures from the big day!

Where are those straps going?

It is tradition to throw people in the mud/dunk tank after initial solo

Me in the mud

Me in the tank

Damn that water is cold!!!

8 Jan 2004
The OTS address (and e-mail address) isn't good anymore so I hope no one sent any yummy cookies there!
My UPT class, 05-03, reported for duty on 24 November 2003. After about a week of in-processing we started UPT Phase 1, Academics. As you can imagine, there isn't too much to report about that. It's not too difficult at all. I missed one question on the first test, then scored 100% on the next four tests. Don't be too impressed though, there are a few people in the class who have yet to miss a question! Some of the academic stuff is pretty cool though. Physiology was probably the best part. We took "rides" in the altitude chamber to learn about our hypoxia symptoms and how to recognize a rapid decompression. We were all waiting for someone to pass out in the chamber, but nobody did (a couple of people came close though). Then we started jump training to learn parachute landing falls and got to practice on the trainers and finally we used parasails. It was a lot of fun. Our class has a website so if you want to see more click here!! Also, I finally added some pictures from OTS (bottom of the page) and a couple from flight school! More to come so stay tuned!


Officer Training School!

How bored OT's eat lunch!

OT Peace and OT Clayton, hanging out!

Say Cheese!

There's no smiling in the military!

A C-130 sails into the sunset during the mobility exercise!

OT Grimmell and I toss back a couple of cold ones

Bravo Chalk on the C-130 during the mobility exercise.

Pass that care package over here!

Me on the confidence course (way up top)

More me on the confidence course

Flight 2-13 at the confidence course

Squadron 2 day room!

G'd up for the formal dinner

The serving area of the mess hall (dining facility)

Flight 2-13 enjoys their first dinner off base

The mess hall. . .yummy!

Escorting the flag during retreat.

The future leaders of the Air Force, Flight 2-13!

OT Brooks, OT DeYoung, and me in the hallway of the dorm

I'm a killer, watch out!

My lower flight, 2-10, ready to learn from my expert tutelage

Training up the FNG's. . .nice civies!

OT Colon-Diaz and I show off our newly developed push-up muscles

OT Orr and I throwing up the deuce! (LT Orr is in UPT with me so look to see more of him)

Officer Trainee Me!

Don't drink too much around your flightmates or you end up like OT Rivera!

Flight 2-13 enjoys the lovely care package sent by the even lovlier Regina!

Polish that rock you worthless maggot OT!

Here is my cell, uh, dorm room!

OT Savage, Dark, Peace at the firing range. DUCK!

My lower flight, shaven bald to look like me, reads their Talons!

Being handed the Top Rock award at the end of OTS! Are those buck teeth?

Lt. Grimmell and Lt. Peace after graduation!

Flight, Tennnnnch Hut! Abooouuut Face!

C-130 over Tentcity!

29 June 2003
To quote a familiar song, "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. . ." Tonight, I am going to bed early and tomorrow I leave for Officer Training School in Montgomery Alabama. I am not excited or nervous, just anxious to get started. I know the sooner I start OTS the sooner it will all be over and I can get on with Undergraduate Pilot Training. Once I arrive at OTS I will try my best to post my address, e-mail address, and phone number as quickly as possible. Thank's for all your support and stay tuned!

Oops, I almost forgot to add my address:

Peace, Richard
PCS 1 (OTS, 03-08, 2-13)
550 East Maxwell Blvd.
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-5000
e-mail: otsstudent511@maxwell.af.mil
11 July 03

Day 11 (Training Day 6) Ė Up until today, nothing I would call significant has occurred here at OTS. Week one went pretty much as expected. I was assigned to Class 03-08, Second Squadron (Hoyaís), 13th flight. We are typically referred to as flight 2-13 (2 for the squadron and 13 for the flight). The structure at OTS is as follows: 5 Squadrons comprised of 4 flights each. 2 of the flights are upper class and two are lower class. Hoya (Second) Squadron contains Upper Flights 2-10 and 2-12, and Lower Flights 2-11 and 2-13. The Upper Flights are a part of class 03-07 (03 for the year 2003 and 07 for the 7th class of the year). Lower Flights are a part of class 03-08 (my class). Our flight is supposed to be comprised of 14 individuals, but we currently have only 12. One of the Officer Trainees (OTís) didnít show up, and the other, my roommate, was recycled for not making weight. Every flight has a Lower Flight Commander (LFC, an upper classman that shows the lower class the ropes) and 2-13 lucked out because our LFC and ALFC are both very knowledgeable and a couple of pretty cool guys. They actually treat us like adults and try to teach us things about surviving at OTS. Our sister flight, however, is not so lucky. I actually feel pretty sorry for them, but I wonít go into the details about it. The first three days we went through a lot of in processing, acclimatization, and introduction to customs and courtesies. Basically, we were taught how to make really simple things really difficult. Other than that, we didnít do much at all. It was actually a big blessing for our Class because the 4th of July holiday gave us four days to put our dorm rooms in inspection order (more on that later), organize our Flight Room (our own classroom in the academic building, kind of like a homeroom in elementary school). All in all, it took almost the entire four days to get that done (plus a couple of homework assignments). I couldnít imagine having to do it in the evenings after 12 hours of class instruction (like most every class before us). Just as a brief example, you have to make the bed; roll all of your towels, t-shirts, and socks to the proper specifications; underwear, shorts, wash cloths, have to be properly folded; everything has to be placed in the proper drawers, grounded, cornered, and fully squared away; boots have to be polished, all uniforms have to be ironed and displayed; the list goes on, and it is no where as easy as it sounds in this paragraph. It took me 4 or 5 hours just to get my room in order, let alone iron and polish. While all this is going on, you still have to march to 3 meals a day, brace and greet all the upper class and commissioned staff, complete assignments, etc. I love every minute of it! Tuesday, 08 July 2003 was our first real taste of OTS besides learning to march around a little bit and learning the proper dining procedure. Like I said before, here they take simple things, like folding clothes, eating meals, walking down the hall, etc., and make them quite tedious. This was a very bad day for flight 2-13. First, we left the academic building unescorted (which is something we are not allowed to do until 3rd class status) marched half-way back to the dorm before our Flight Training Officer (FTO), who is basically our direct command, had to catch us and turn us around. (I wasnít in the room at the time but my flight-mates told me later that we were ordered to do so). If that wasnít bad enough, the person acting as flight leader for the day (for right now we are all taking turns as flight leader) didnít know his procedures at all. He made many mistakes, including one that was a major safety violation. Keep in mind, this is the first time we are meeting our FTO, and you never get a second chance to make a first impression! I found the whole thing to be quite embarrassing (as did others in the Flight). As if the marching incident wasnít bad enough, 2 hours later we made fools of ourselves again back in the flight room at our FTO welcome. Thatís when all the FTOs go to their flight rooms and basically throw massive temper tantrums in an attempt to get everyone nice and scared/nervous/anxious, etc. To make matters worse, we followed the classroom opening procedures for a regular class, but this was an inspection class. Our FTO let us have it good. There is a young lady in our flight who was actually brought to tears by the verbal attack. I donít think our FTO meant to get her that upset, but she was quite shaken. Believe it or not, our FTO actually seems like a very nice lady (even though we have just spent a couple of hours with her, all in attack mode) and I look forward to future classes. Wednesday and Thursday (July 9 and 10) were pretty normal (as normal as could be in this place anyway). Most of those days were spent in one of the auditoriums learning 3rd grade grammar and watching jumping jack demonstrations (I am not making this up). It seems so funny to think that they feel they need to show a room full of college educated people how to do jumping jacks, push-ups, jog in place, subject-verb agreement, and punctuation! This brings me to today. . .Earlier this week, three of the other squadrons upper flights lost their weekend liberty because their lower class didn't put their rooms in inspection order (like I said, itís a lot of work). Since it was the upper classís responsibility to teach them the proper technique, the upper class was punished. I guess the powers that be decided that itís was unacceptable to have three squadrons stuck on campus and 2 squadrons on liberty, so they did all these ďsurpriseĒ room inspections (we all knew it was going to happen and took big measures to make sure we were squared away) and made up a brand new violation Ė something that is not in the Operating Instructions (OI) Ė and decided to cancel liberty for the remaining squadrons (Hoyaís included). We really thought the upper class was going to be pissed and rain down thunder on us, but they were all really cool about it. They understand it is all part of the training process (something commonly referred to as Ďthe game) and didnít blame us at all. As a side note, I had my room in inspection order by Friday of the first week, so I know it can be done if you put a little effort into it. The only other thing I have to say about my first 11 days is HYDRATE! They make the new OTs wear canteen all day and drink gallon after gallon of water. I drink so much water that I use the restroom 8 times a day, and everything coming out is as clear as it was when it went in! They are always telling us hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. The word is plastered on walls and poster boards anywhere. Once I leave here, I probably wonít drink a glass of water for 4 years (unless the Air Force makes me). Sorry it took so long to post this on my site. Hopefully I will have more opportunity in the coming weeks to share more of my experiences. Until then, good morning/good afternoon/good evening (whichever greeting-of-the-day is most appropriate at the time you are reading this).

19 Jul 03

Training Week 3 Well, things have picked up quite a bit in Training Week 3 (TW3). This week we were formally introduced to ďTime Jacking.Ē When you get time jacked, it means they donít give you enough time to do the things on your schedule. For example, Tuesday we had Physical Conditioning (PC) from 0520 to 0620. That means we had to be on the PC pad at 0520 so we had to march over from the dorm at 0505. PC ends at 0620, and we have breakfast at 0645. Therefore, we marched straight from PC to the chow hall, unshowered and unchanged. Since our first class starts at 0745 we give ourselves 5 minutes to eat breakfast (remember all the dining procedures I talked about last time). After chow, we march to the dorm, change into our BDUís (no time to shower) and march to the classroom building for that 0745 class. We have class from 0745 until 1700. Next, we have about an hour to shower and put the same sweaty BDUís back on to march to dinner (our second set of BDUís was at the cleaners having the name tapes sewn on). Following dinner, there was about an hour of free time to shower, shine boots, iron sweaty BDUís, etc., before Academic Preparation Time (APT). APT is a 90-minute study period where the door is propped open and all OTís are required to be studying schoolwork. Following APT (2130 Hours) was dirt. Basically that means we clean the common areas of the dorm, take out trash, etc. Around 2200 hours, there is 1 hour of free time remaining to finish studying, shining, ironing, cleaning, make phone calls, etc. Lights out is 2300. This was our schedule for the entire week. It makes me tired just writing it all down! Besides getting time jacked, many interesting things happened during TW3. The most exciting part of TW3 was Project X. Project X is a leadership course where we go through several scenarios that require teamwork on an obstacle course. It was like being a big kid on a playground with lots of things to climb over, crawl under, and slither through. We had ropes to climb, cables to shimmy across, and in the case of one of our OTís, water to swim. (Many of the obstacles had water under them to protect us if we fell and one of the OTís in my flight did just that.) There is some bad news to report from TW3 as well. We lost another one of our flight mates this week due to a medical condition. I feel bad for him because he was a nice person. He was very young (just out of college), and he really wanted to be an Air Force officer. The AF discharged him as soon as they found out about his condition (he didnít even know he had it until he started feeling sick) and sent him home. I sure hope things work out for him because he is worthy of many blessings. The thoughts and prayers of Flight 2-13 go out to him and his wife. Good luck OT, youíll always be a part of 2-13/03-08! Week 4 is the mobility exercise (MOE) for the upper class (I will explain more about it when my class goes) and in their absence, there were interviews for interim wing staff. Wing staff is the group of OTís selected to run OTS. Those selected to the wing staff earn the highest OT officer ranks (e.g. The Officer Training Wing Comander and Vice Commander are OT Colonels, Wing Directors of Operations are Lt. Colonels, etc.). It is said that those who are selected as interim wing staff while upper class is at MOE are front-runners for full time wing staff when we become upper class. I was asked by our squadron commander (Hoya 1) to apply for the interim sing staff so I did. There were anywhere from 3 to 6 of the top performers from each squadron (about 25 people) selected to go before the selection board. From those 25, 5 were chosen to be on the interim wing staff. I am happy to say I was one of the five selected, and for the next week, I will be acting as the Wing Operations Group DO. Additionally, the Wing Commander was another person in Squadron 2 (Go Hoyas)! Out of the five people selected, two were from our Squadron, two were from Squadron 1, and one was from Squadron 4. Next week is going to be another busy one because we have our first Comprehensive Written Test (CWT 1) on Friday, plus two volleyball campaigns, the firing range, and my duties as the OG/DO. Wish me luck!

PS> I will put some pictures on here as soon as I get some time!

12 Aug 03

We have made it to the half way point of OTS! Our upper class graduated on Friday Aug. 8 and we officially became upper class (finally). I was selected by our Flight Training Officers (FTO) to be the Lower Flight Commander (LFC) for the lower flight that arrives today. I am looking forward to meeting the 13 new OTís in Flight 2-10 and ďteachingĒ them all they need to know to be successful at OTS. I actually listed the LFC position as my first choice of responsibilities. Who better to shape the future leaders of the Air Force than OT Capt Peace? Since I havenít posted anything in a couple of weeks, I guess I should bring you up to speed on our progress. To this point, class 03-08 has completed: SPT #1, SPT #2, CWT #1, CWT #2, PFD #1, PFD #2, Volleyball Campaigns #1-#4, Flickerball Campaign #1, Project X, SMI #1, SMI #2, and the News Brief. Itís amazing to think that we have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. The SPT and the CWT are written tests we are required to take. The CWTís are the most important of the written tests, and failing them can prevent you from being commissioned. I did very well on the SPTís but they are both open book. I didnít do as well as I would have liked on CWT #1, but I passed, which is all that matters. I did much better on the second CWT, and I am actually shooting for a 100% on the third and final CWT. Keep your fingers crossed! We also completed the first of 3 briefings last week, the News Brief. Fortunately for me this is just a practice brief and doesnít count toward graduation because I time busted. A time bust is finishing over or under the allotted time for the brief. The News Brief has a maximum time of 6 minutes and I finished in close to eight minutes (imagine, little old me talking too much)! Thatís what I get for trying to give a brief on a subject I am actually interested in (The Thunderbirds 50 year history). The good news is everyone actually enjoyed my presentation and had I not time busted I would have received a score of High Sat. I am glad the Volleyball Campaigns are over because OTS really took the fun out of the game. The Flickerball Campaigns, however, are a lot more fun. They release the reigns a little bit and let us play during Flickerball. I have to miss the second Flickerball Campaign next week because I am going to the shooting range to qualify with the M9 (Berretta 92F). I would like to make marksman, but I will be happy if I just qualify. I donít know if I am running out of things to talk about, or if I am just settling into the routine of OTS, but that is about all that is going on here. Everyday is the same thing, wake up, PC, breakfast, class, lunch, class, dinner, studying and chores, lights out. Every now and again they will throw in a special activity like Flickerball, Project X, or the shooting range. The best thing now-a-days is being an upper class member. That means we can go off base on the weekends (provided I donít have too many demerits and I can find someone to baby sit my lower flight)! In addition to the off base privileges, we donít have to brace and greet in the dorms anymore or use to many of our reporting procedures after 1700. We can relax a little bit and smack around the lower class instead of getting smacked around. Weíll see how the next week goes as LFC! Be back soon. . . .

13 Sep 03

Less than one week until graduation! The last few weeks have gone by in a blur. First we had our last week of graded measures. I passed the final PFT, CWT, and the Advocacy Brief. There was a little snafu with the drill competition, but it all worked out in the end. After week 9 (the week of graded measures) came week 10 and the mobility exercise (MOE). MOE could have been really fun, but it ended up sucking big time. The first thing we did was land navigate out to the MOE area with a compass and a few land marks. The whole trip took about 2 hours in the blazing heat, but it was cool. Unfortunately it was all down hill from there. For the next three days all we did was have class in the tents at MOE instead of the classrooms. We were supposed to have a bunch of outdoor activities and leadership exercises, but it was too hot so they were almost all canceled. After three days of waking up, sitting in a tent struggling to stay awake through a bunch of lame ass exercises, then going to bed, we were sent home early because of a driving rain storm. The only good thing about the time we spent at MOE were the Meals Ready to Eat (MRE). The MREs were better than the food we usually get to eat in the cafeteria! Once MOE was finished, we came back to OTS as 3d lieutenants. Basically that means we are normal people again just waiting to be commissioned. There are a few classes we attend every day, but we mostly hang out in the flight room and play video games. The best thing about being 3d Lt is the fact that we don't have to brace and greet, march, or use any of our reporting procedures. One more week of video game play, and I will become a 2d Lt in the Unites States Air Force. Then it is off to flight school! Well, that's all from Montgomery. The next time I write anything, it will probably be during Initial Flight Training (IFT) here at Maxwell AFB. I can't wait! Holla at you later!

17 Nov 03

I'm back! If I had known so many people were actually reading this stuff, I would have posted an update sooner. I appreciate you taking the time to check in on me! For the last 7 weeks I have been in the Air Force Introductory Flight Training (IFT) program. All that means is I am at the aero club working on my private pilots liscense. It has been a pretty hectic schedule because, as you can imagine, 6 weeks isn't a lot of time to learn to fly! I fly almost every day (weather permitting) for about 3 hours per sortie. To date I have about 43 flight hours and I am about a week away from graduating the IFT program. Just in time too since I report to Columbus for UPT on the 24th of November! Learning to fly has been great! I can't believe the Air Force is actually paying me to have so much fun! I have been fortunate to have some great instructors at the aero club! They are taking good care of me! I know I keep promising pictures, but I have a couple of photo's of me flying that I will add along with all those OTS pictures everyone has been waiting for. Better late than never, right? Spending all this time in the air has only made me want to learn even more about flying. I can't wait to get in the T-37 so I can start training on acrobatic flying! I was meant to fly upside down, I just know it! Well, that's it for now. . .I expect things will really pick up here at UPT, and I will try to keep everyone up to date! Take care!
(I have nothing to close with now because I am done with the OTS thing!)